features news forums
Search Forum:
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:01 am 

The house I am working on is plumbed with 16mm rigid plastic pipe [French?]. Does anyone know where I can get adaptors from this to either 15mm or 22mm copper?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:09 pm 

Unipipe fittings. The do an adaptor that attatches to the 16mm pipe. Then you can remove the nut and olive from one end of an ordinary 15mm compression fitting and screw it in. I Dont have the Plumb center part number but I have sold them recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:02 pm 

If it's rigid plastic then it's not Unipipe. What colour is it, and what is written on the pipe? I suspect it is uPVC, ABS or similar, with solvent weld joints. Adaptors are available through the suppliers of such pipe (for industrial applications), but probably not plumbers merchants.

You could use an adaptor made by Yorkshire fittings intended for 3/8" poly pipe x 15mm copper but which should work on 16mm OD plastic (same OD as 3/8" poly) if you don't over tighten the compression nut. I have a couple of imported 16mm compression fittings for the purpose (it's a standard size in France, for example).

Another improvisation that I have used is an old style Hep2o push-fit tap connector which will accommodate 16mm pipe if the retaining nut is reamed out to 16mm. The O ring, grab ring and socket will take 16mm OD without adaption.